I always feel like something is missing from my day if I don't post to my blog, so I'll show you what I was working on yesterday and today.
This cigar box is a bit smaller than the first one, and opens on the opposite side from the other one. I've got a lot more decorating to do on this one, but making the divided inside was a pain, and I've still got to play with it some more.
I decided to use a glue gun so I wouldn't have to clamp it and wait overnight for things to dry all the time, but I'm not sure that was a good idea. The gun has a trigger, but in order to make it work right, I still have to push the glue sticks with my fingers. The trigger doesn't seem to do anything. Also, the glue seems to harden up too fast, and I have to keep heating the dividers up with my heat gun and remelting the glue to get everything to stick. It's a royal pain. I know many people like them, so maybe I got a dud. The glue comes out really well when it's just sitting there, and I get lots of blobs of glue all over the scrap paper I put under it, but when I go to use on on the box, nothing comes out unless I push hard on the glue sticking out of the back. Then it just trickles out and makes little lumps that harden before I can get the dividers in. It's the glue that came with it, so it must be the right kind, but I don't think I am good at glue guns.
I had my share of fun with the outside too. I decided to use my Xyron to put the paper on with. Well, I ran out of adhesive when the top paper was only halfway through. Then I put a new refill in, and ran a new piece through, and the Xyron started to jam up. I lifted the top, and it was winding my paper around the top roller instead of out the back. I've never had that happen before! Anyway, after I finally got it unjammed, things started going better, and I managed to get the paper on the top and sides, as well as mount some Spellbinders die cuts before it was time to start dinner.
Hopefully, I will have a finished box to show you tomorrow!