Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Birthday with Flowers Card


This card was made using some paper I got with a card making magazine a few months ago. After I attached the center part, I sort of wished I had added some ribbon going from side to side underneath it, but it was too late.

I used Spellbinders Decorative Labels One, and Labels One for the two bottom layers of the center, and two shades of lighter matching paper on them. (The bottom layer doesn't show enough so you can tell the paper is lighter than the background though).

The medallion and sentiment are both from JustRite, and are stamped with VersaMark, and embossed with gold EP. The bottom layer is colored with Copics, and both layers are shaded with Distress Antique Linen. The bottom layer is cut with a JustRite custom die, and the sentiment is cut with a Spellbinders Tag.

All the card layers are accented with a gold pen, and I used some gold outline stickers in the corners. The pearls are Liquid Pearls.

The image below is some interesting makeup things I found at Walmart. I thought I'd try them for shading. One side has a broad end, and the other is pointed for more detail. They were pretty inexpensive, and work fairly well. I've bought a lot of different shading things over the last few years, and while I like the Fantastix, they don't last very long, and are fairly expensive for something that wears out quickly. I like the Ranger nibs, but it's difficult to find them in my area, so these makeup things are kind of a compromise. I thought I'd add them to this post in case anyone else wants to try them out.



5 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
Lovely card. I think it is just right without the ribbon.
The paper underneath looks like it might have fairies on it.
Does it?
Great tip about your Wal Mart find. I think I just might take a look next time I am there.
The colors are very pretty too.
Myrna

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely! And again you have definitely inspired me...because I have that same dp from that magazine, and wasn't quite sure what to do with it...My card won't turn out as nice as yours...but you have definitely given me an idea of how to use the dp.

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card, I use them too!!!

Carole said...

I'm returning your visit and have been snooping around and checking out your Pinterest boards. You have some exquisite cards using fabulous dies. I'm sure you enjoy the results too! Thanks for putting me on your side bar. I look forward to your visits and comments. Be well~ Carole

Alison Scott said...

Lovely card. Love the decorative labels one. (Another addition to the wish list! I need to stop adding to it)