Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Friday, April 26, 2013

You touched my Life Card


Still really busy with my mom, but I worked on another card in between everything. I started this one early this morning, and finished it after dinner tonight. I'm afraid it's not one of my better ones.

I've had the DP for a number of years now, and always wanted to do something with it, but I didn't really know what I wanted to do. It was a 12x12 sheet with a bluish, greyish, greenish frame and flowers in two corners, and is linen textured. I cut the top corner to 5.5 x 5.5 and matted it with matching solid colored linen textured card stock.

The sentiment is from JustRite, and is stamped with VersaMagic Olive ink. It was cut and matted using Spellbinders Squares and Marvelous Squares. My gold pens are all empty, and the stores where I get them are two hours away, so I had to used my gold Gellyroll pen to accent it. The pen is pretty, but you can't get thick enough lines for it to show up well. I went around all the dies and paper layers with it, as well as tracing inside the dies.

I wasn't really sure how to finish this card, and dinner was almost finished cooking, so I quickly added a bunch of Liquid Pearls. I shouldn't have rushed so, because they didn't come out very even. I wasn't really sure what to put in the blank space in the bottom corner, and I got the pearls too close together. After dinner, I added a bow, which actually is almost the same color as the paper, but the lighting and the phone's flash made it look like it is bright green.

Tomorrow, when the Liquid Pearls are dry, I will probably go over some of the smaller ones to make them match better in size, and look straighter.

I don't really dislike the card, it is quite different from most of my cards, and it will probably look better when I straighten out the pearls, but it's not my favorite.

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is really pretty! I know what you mean that things irl are different colors then when you photograph them. Happens to me a lot...(Might be because I'm not a good photographer...smile)
I like that sentiment...another stamp for on my wish list...thanks for sharing, Kathi. Hope you have a good weekend! Hugs, Jill

Myrna said...

Kathi
Such a pretty card. The sentiment is lovely and I like how it is not centered. The dp is so romantic looking.
Myrna

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Kathi. I love the very pretty DP and the marvellous squares dies.

craftieodmae said...

even if the color is off, it's still absolutely gorgeous!

Alison Scott said...

I love how you have off set the sentiment. It shows off that the paper has flowers in the corner.
Sweet card, lovely colours. Once the pearls are sized to match it will be gorgeous.