Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, April 15, 2013

White on White Bouquet Stencil Card



I have quite a few brass stencils which I hardly ever use any more. I decided to use this very old Anna Griffin one to make a card.

I have made cards with this before by embossing on a light table, and it took forever to emboss all those tiny flowers, not to mention how much my hands ached, so this time I ran it through the Grand Calibur by layering the raspberry plate, the embossing pad, the CS, the stencil, and the white plate. The embossing isn't nearly as deep doing it this way, but this stencil has so much detail that I will use it much more often this way.

The other embossed layer was done with a Spellbinders M-Bossibility. Both embossed layers were done on plain white CS, because I knew I wanted to use my PearlEx Micro Pearl watercolor I made to add shine. The shine doesn't show up as much on pearl paper. Next, I used a Ranger Nib to highlight the embossed areas. The painted seeped a little under the stencil when doing the tiny flowers, even though I tried to keep it quite dry, but it isn't all that obvious in person.

Both embossed layers were mounted onto Core'dinations Pearl CS. The bottom layers were mounted dimensionally onto a pearl card, and the top layers were mounted dimensionally onto the bottom layers. The card was accented with a sheer white bow and Liquid Pearls.

7 comments:

Sasha said...

Such a beautifully elegant card, Kathi. I love what you did with your Anna Griffin stencil x

Myrna said...

Kathi
This is so elegant. Lots of detail and shimmer.
Myrna

Greta said...

Elegant & beautiful! I knew stencils could be used with a die cut machine but haven't gotten around to trying it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful Kathi.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty, Kathi, I have done that technique with my stencils...Using a light box...very time consuming... but yours was sure worth the time. Your card is stunning.

Alison Scott said...

Beautiful card. Very elegant. It may be one colour but it has so much to see.

Anne-Marie B. said...

This card is so beautiful, pure elegance! Thanks so much for the inspiration.