Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Special Friend and Lace Card

I'm still busy, but thank you to all my friends who visited and left comments. I'll be back to see you by next month.

I had this really pretty pink Mulberry paper from PSX, still sealed in it's plastic bag from years ago, and decided I wanted to use it on a card. I knew I wanted the card to be 5x7, so I ran a sheet of 4.5 x 6.5 white CS through the Xyron and applied the mulberry paper to that. The matte is white CS colored with Gold ink from a stamp pad, and both were mounted onto a white 5x7 card, and everything was outlined by running the edges over the stamp pad.

My favorite lace was applied before I mounted the paper onto the card, and I chose a very old Anna Griffin label from my stash for the sentiment. The label already had the bow, and I think the pink backing was also attached. (I made the card two months ago, so it's hard to remember). The label layers were also outlined in gold. The foliage was punched with either my McGill punch, or the Martha Stewart branch punch, and the roses are also from my stash.

Last, I added gold half pearls and pink rhinestones.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Seahorse Card

I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, but it's been really busy this summer. Besides keeping our shop open, I've been helping my mother get straightened out, and trying to get her house so she will be comfortable in the winter, now that she's going to be here year round. I don't have any new supplies, since the economy here is much worse than it was last year, but I have been making cards with all the nice things I already have.

I've had these K&Co seahorses for a couple of years now, and have never used them because we don't have seahorses here in Maine. I started this card by stamping this sentiment panel from JustRite, embossing it with gold EP, and coloring it with Brilliance inks.

After that, I cut and embossed it with a Spellbinders die. Next, I cut two larger sizes in the same shape, and colored them with more of the Brilliance ink, so they would match the colors in the stamp. Those were mounted onto layers cut with Grand Labels One, which were also shaded with the Brilliance ink.

The colors in these seahorses matched the colors in my card perfectly, and went very well with the sentiment, so I added those, and two K&Co shell stickers, which I added two shades of Stickles to, to make them match the glitter on the seahorses. All the layers were outlined in gold.

I hope to be able to start visiting you all soon, but it will still be very busy for another month or so. I miss you all!