This will probably be my last vellum card for a while, I got some more cigar boxes, so I've started working on those. Anyway, this one is also for the JustRite Friday Challenge #093 - "Suddenly Spring".
I used another Cuttlebug Embossing Plus folder for this one, and decided on a nice sunny yellow for it. The vellum was mounted onto yellow paper with green brads, then matted with green CS and gold mirror card. I again used JustRite's Vintage Oval Labels Set, which was stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves and embossed with clear EP. Since I don't have the die for this one, I fussy cut around the stamp, then mounted it dimensionally over the cut out oval. It was colored with GellyRoll pens.
Prima flowers and daisies I made from punches were added, then I used a gold pen on some of the embossing. I had originally used a white pencil on the embossing, but after I finished the card, I decided it would look better in green, so I used a Ranger nib and the Bamboo Leaves to recolor the embossing.
Yesterday we went off the island again. I brought the cigar box I made into the tobacco shop to show the owner. She liked it so much she wants to buy it, and also wants me to make two more for her. She wants one for herself, and one for each of her daughters!
It's a long story about the cigar boxes, but the owner had gotten ripped off on them a few years ago, and had stopped giving them out. She gave me the one a few weeks ago out of the goodness of her heart, and when I brought the finished box in to show her, she was really happy with what I was using them for. She gave me quite a few boxes yesterday, some are nice, and some are just okay. Some don't have tops, but it was all she had, and I figure I can make shadow boxes or something with those.
She said the box I had done was something called Robusto, and that she should have more of them soon, so she is going to save them for me. I think those are the ones she wants to buy, but a lot of people saw my box, and want me to make more for them too, so I started working on the ones I have which have covers. She wants me to keep making them to sell so I can get extra money, which is really nice of her!
I did get some acrylic Krylon to spray on the box, but I didn't read the ingredients, and apparently all Krylon has acetate in it. It removed a little of the gold on the mirror card, but not enough to show. I think I need to try something else to protect the boxes with. I'll try Mod Podge again as soon as I can get off the island, and then try spraying them if they need it.
I was also attaching the paper with my ATG, which worked really well, but now I'm out of tape with no way to get more for a while. Luckily I have some Score-Tape. Hopefully that will stick as well as the ATG. I gave up on sticking things down with Mod Podge years ago, because they always rippled when we got foggy weather.
Anyway, I think you will be seeing quite a few cigar box projects from me. It think I will make albums to put in some of the ones with sliding tops, and maybe even miniature scenes!