This is another card I'm not entirely happy with.
Back in the 60s through the middle of the 90s, I did a huge amount of needlework, and in the 80s, I even had a column on needlework in the newspaper. At that time, I collected a lot of needlework books. I did a ton of cross stitching, petit point, and even did needle made lace of every kind. I did so much of it that I burnt myself out, and can't even bring myself to do it now, even though I've started some projects.
Anyway, I was looking through some whitework embroidery books, and came across this butterfly in the book White Work Techniques and 188 Designs, which I purchased back in the late 70s, when it first came out.
I decided it might work for parchment craft. I probably should have scanned it and made it smaller, because the smallest sized card I could use it on was 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". After embossing it and coloring it on the back with Copics, I knew it needed something else, so I added the flowers on both sides.
I knew it needed some kind of a frame, so I used Spellbinders Grand Labels Four, using the negative part for the frame.
After layering everything together onto the card and outlining the inside of the frame with metallic gold, it looked kind of empty at the top and bottom, so I used white Liquid Pearls to add dots above and below the butterfly, then added them to the corners of the frame.
It probably would have been pretty if I had made it smaller so there would have been more room for matting and framing. As it was, the only size die that would fit both the card and butterfly went right to the edge of the card.