Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Blue Butterfly and Rose Card


Yesterday and today I was playing with all my butterfly stamps and dies. This is one of the butterflies I made. It is from Cheery Lynn. I cut the filigree part of the die from gold mirror card, and the other part from Core'dinations Pearl CS. Next, I mounted the filigree part over the other part and colored the butterfly with sparkly gelyroll pens. The green in the butterfly isn't really this bright, but that's how it came out in the photograph.

The card is designed around the butterfly, so I chose a blue pearlescent paper which was the same color as the blue in the butterfly. I also knew I wanted a doily, so I chose my current favorite one from Noor!, and cut it out with the pearl CS, and used the blue Gelyroll pen to color the embossing.

I almost always use the same Marianne Creatables for the center of this die because it fits so perfectly, and I like the edge of it, so I cut the next layer in blue, then used a Spellbinders one in white. The corner dies are also from Noor!.

The rose is made from Spellbinders Rose Creations. It uses Core'dinations Pearl in white, and was shaded with VersaMagic Aegean Blue. The foliage is also from Spellbinders. It's from the Spellbinders Foliage set. I cut the side leaves off the stem and spread them out to surround the flower. They were colored with a green Gelyroll which actually matched the pearl green paper, except they were shinier, but they reflected blue in the photograph, no matter how many times I photographed them.

Next, I mounted the butterfly. It was supposed to be in the lower left hand corner, but I forgot to check which way the card was when I glued him on. Ooops! Luckily, the card didn't have a design where it really mattered. The fold was going to be on the side, but now it's on the top, and he's in the bottom right hand corner.

The card was mounted onto more gold mirror card, and a Core'dinations white Pearl card, then white and blue Liquid Pearls were added.

In order to use the Cheery Lynn background for the butterfly with heavy paper like the pearl CS, you have to cut it once, then flip it over and carefully align the die with the already cut part and cut it from the other side, because for some reason, Cheery Lynn only makes half a die for those. Since I cut out a bunch of them yesterday, it was kind of a pain, but the butterflies are beautiful. I love the look with the gold filigree over them!



6 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
Beautiful. I love butterflies and you have done a fabulous job on it.
Myrna

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card, Kathi! I love the beautiful dies you used and your layout.
Comment moderation is the best way of stopping these nuisance spammers. Like you, I seem to have been bombarded with spam recently xx

Alison Scott said...

Beautiful card. The butterfly is gorgeous.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Kathi, I like all the Blues...
That's why I'm on comment moderation, I was having trouble with spam...I think it happens to most bloggers.

Antoinette Voorn said...

Wowwww superr card love the blue colour and the butterfly is gorgeous!

Gr Antoinette
http://antoinettecreacards.blogspot.nl

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Kathi.