Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Altered Cigar Box with Compartments


I decided I wanted to make this cigar box with a nautical theme, so I used some JustRite stamps on some pale gold Core'dinations Pearl CS and gold embossing powder. I shaded the edges with gold ink, then cut some gold mirror card with some Spellbinders dies.

When I went to do the inside, it looked too fancy to cover up the design. The label was quite interesting, and it had raised sides which were covered with silk like red cloth.


It's difficult to think of different ways to finish the insides of the boxes, so for this one, I decided to make four compartments out of bass wood, and make red painted covers for each section. Red ribbon was used to attach the compartments and act as hinges.


Each cover has a little knob made from jewelry findings to lift them up. I think this one would work well for a man.

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW! this is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous!

Marie-Louise said...

Really gorgeous Kathi.

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! Wonderly done! You were so right to do the inside the way you did...amazing! I like the compartments. You are definitely a master in doing those boxes!

Antoinette Voorn said...

Very nice en very pretty!

Myrna said...

This box is very elegant and I love the simplicity of the embellishments.
You have done a lovely job on the inside.
Myrna

Irish Cherokee said...

WOW! This one would work well for a man. Wonderfully done. Even has compartments to stash stuff. Nice.

Marie-Louise said...

Noticed that you have not been around Kathi. Hope everything is ok with you.

Anonymous said...

Kathi: I just found your blog, and I am loving it. Your cards are awesome. I was looking at the fancy folds and really like the Dec 17, 2012 card, but I am having a hard time figuring it out. I went to Thea's blog, and she had taken the diagram down. Could you give me the measurements to this card? I got the score at 4 and 8, but I was lost after that. I would love to have the measurements. A Happy Stamper from MI. Margie F.

Diane said...

What a wonderful and clever project.

Hugs diane