Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Roses Card



This was another experiment. I wanted to add a lacy edge with the inside paper peaking out. I wish I had made the border on the right, where you can see the inside paper narrower, but it was trial and error.

I used a piece of DP that had a white background from my stash. It was folded so the pattern was on the inside. Then I measured what I thought would be a good border, and cut the front side to that amount. The edge was punched with an MS border punch.

Next, I cut another piece of matching DP and mounted it on the white side of the first piece, leaving the white lace edge uncovered. It looked sort of unfinished, so I mounted ribbon up against the edge.

I decided I wanted a sentiment on the front, and liked this Spellbinders tag. The only sentiment I had that fit in it when it was mounted vertically was this one from JustRite. It was stamped using Brilliance Sky Blue, but was too light to read, so I embossed it with Gold EP, and it was better. Next, I shaded it with the Brilliance ink, colored the roses with Copics, and went around the outside with the Krylon pen.

I knew I wanted flourishes around the tag. I really wanted those Cheery Lynn ones, but those are some of the dies which have always been out of stock whenever I've placed an order from a place which carries them and wanted to add them. The only flourishes I have are the ones in the Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags and Accents set, so I used those, and shaded them with Memento Bamboo Leaves. The tag was added dimensionally over the flourishes, and I added some pearls and a bow.

I cut another wider Spellbinders tag for the inside as a writing space, and shaded that with the Brilliance ink as well.

5 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
Very, very pretty and the roses are gorgeous. Lovely job.
Myrna

Karen W said...

Gorgeous!!

Marie-Louise said...

Brilliant card Kathi.

Alison Scott said...

Lovely card Kathi,
Love the papers and the swirls.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card, lots of neat details!