Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Iris, Pearls and Lace Card


This is another one that I'm not wild about.

I wanted to use one of the pretty flowered papers I got with a magazine I bought the other day. I also liked the gold Stickles on my butterfly card, so I used the paper surrounded by a wider mat of pearlescent violet, and went around both papers with the stickles. The gold is almost empty, but I didn't buy any more the other day because I've already bought the gold twice, and since you have to buy three different colors to get one, I still have four unused bottles of the other two colors. Actually I have three of one of the colors and two of the other, because that one was in two different three packs, so I had to buy it a third time to get the other two colors colors I wanted in that package.

Anyway, it was kind of difficult to get the gold out of the almost empty bottle, and it's kind of crooked. Next, I stamped several designs before I found one I was happy with. I finally decided on this Lace Medallion from JustRite. It was stamped with VersaMark and embossed in white. Then I stamped some JustRite irises onto Core'dinations pearl cs and embossed them in gold. I colored them with Copics, and they are actually pretty, but they are kind of a hideous orange color in this photo. I took a different photo of them, but everything came out kind of green and yellow. There wasn't much for natural daylight when I took the photo. We had snow all day yesterday, and off and on again today.


Anyway, after I colored them, I fussy cut around them and mounted them dimensionally onto the lace. The medallion was cut with a JustRite custom die by Spellbinders, and I went around that with the same Stickles, and mounted it dimensionally onto the DP.

I added some flowers around the medallion, and it needed something else, so I put strings of pearls around the DP and added more Stickles outside that, then added a few Liquid Pearls to the corners.

4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

The Iris's are really pretty. They definitely make me think of spring!

Myrna said...

Kathi
That is such lovely background paper. The medallion sets off the iris quite nicely.
Myrna

Marie-Louise said...

Really lovely Kathi. Love the Justrite stamp - I don't have any of these - yet.

Greta said...

I think this looks just stunning! Love the gold Stickles outlines--I've never used it that way.