Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Anja Edges Blue Gatefold Card


This is another card I'm not really happy with. I got the bright idea of adding ribbon to the sides. Then I decided to put the ribbon over blue paper, and have the paper border the ribbon. It looked okay, so I mounted it onto the card. Then I stenciled the embossing with VersaMagic Aegean Blue. Then there was too much white between the design and the ribbon, so I decided to color it with the blue ink, but I was out of Fantastix for shading, and used blending stumps instead. They didn't blend very well. I also was beginning to wish I had mounted the ribbon onto white CS before mounting it onto blue so it would be brighter.

Next, I put blue paper inside so the lattice would show up better. That looked okay.

Next I was trying to figure out what to add for decoration, so I added a bow. It was still missing something, so I added blue half pearls.

Anyway, this is what I ended up with. I should have stuck with white on white, or white with pale pink or something.

4 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

I love this Anja die and use it a lot as I think it gives a card a lovely finish. I like your card very much. Blue is my all time favourite colour.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely! I really like that Anja die too, I think it's another thing to add to my wish list...(Kathi, you are an enabler! LOL
Blessings, Jill

Sasha said...

This die is so very versatile. Your card looks fabulous, Kathi. I love the closure!
Have a lovely weekend...I hope your snow has gone! x

Marisa Job said...

Another gorgeous card!! Love the die template too!!