Lately I seem to be making a lot of cards I'm not crazy about. The one I did today I really don't like, so I'm uploading the one I did on Saturday that I wasn't happy with. The worst part about cards you aren't happy with is that it seems like they take the longest because you spend so much time trying to figure out what you can use on them to make them better.
Anyway, I was looking through my paper stash the other day, trying to use up some older papers when I came across this one. It is one corner of a 12x12 sheet from pad I bought at Walmart a few years ago. It was kind of pretty and reminded me of spring. I cut the paper out with Spellbinders Grand Labels One, and cut a card and a front to fit using the same set. Next I shaded the card front with Brilliance pink. It started to go wrong after that. First I outlined with a gold Gelyrol pen, which worked well. Then I tried to make one of my new metallic pens work, and it got messy.
Then I had to figure out how I wanted to decorate it. Even though I spent hours trying lots of things, I wasn't happy with any of them. I ended up using a very old Anna Griffin stamp from my stash. It was stamped with Brilliance Pink and embossed with clear EP and a few highlights were added with Copics to make it match the background more. The stamp was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels One, and matted with Spellbinders Decorative Labels One.
I tried ribbon, bows, and lots of different flowers, but the best I came up with were a couple of these Prima ones, and some Liquid Pearls for accents.