We unloaded the U-Haul, set some furniture up, took the truck back, got groceries, and are finally home again. I can't wait until I can get back to card Making!
Here is another card I made a while back but never uploaded. It was a bit of work, and I was really disappointed with it when I got it done, although it looks better in person than in the photo.
I used a Darice EF with Brilliance Sky blue, and used the letterpress technique to emboss the background. It looked quite pretty, so I matted it with white CS shaded around the edge with the same blue, and mounted it all onto a white card.
I wanted everything on the card to be embossed, but knew I needed something fairly simple because the background was so busy. Then I found this old Sizzix EF in a notebook. It is really meant for Christmas, but since there is no holly or anything on it, I decided it would work for any occasion, so I used the same technique for that, cut around the frame, and mounted it onto a Lacy rectangle from Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles. It was mounted dimensionally onto the background.
I had a terrible time finding anything I liked with it, and embossed a ton of things I ended up not using. The lesser of the evils was this rose I embossed on a light table using an Anna Griffin Stencil. The stencil is actually a large rectangle, with more roses on the top, but all I wanted was the rose with some kind of a frame. I finally decided to use parts from the big frame on the same stencil, and make them fit the rose. I shaded around the rose and frame with the same blue ink and various shading tools, trying to leave the raised parts white, but it came out messy looking because I couldn't get the ink smooth enough.
Since I had already done so many things I didn't like for the card, and had run out of ideas, I stuck this one on dimensionally and added some Liquid Pearls and called it good. I just wished it had looked as pretty as I had pictured it looking.