Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

No Card today, so I'm showing a Room Box

Today was the first nice day we've had for weeks, and my mother and I were really busy at the shop. Some were customers, but we are in a beautiful location, so we have a lot of people who stop by just to visit. Today was one of those days where we barely had five minutes to do anything, and stayed open an hour later than usual. It was a nice change from those long rainy days we were having! :-) I sold nine cards and an easel card box with matchbox drawers. That might not sound like much, but on a tiny island, it was a big day!

My husband built this room box for me, and I painted and decorated it about six years ago. I used stained glass tiles which were cut offs from a bathroom he was renovating for someone, and decorated around those. The whole floor is stained glass, and so are the columns and sections around the fireplace opening. I loosely patterned it after the Malachite Room in the Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the green room at Peterhoff.

The gold on the walls, ceiling and furniture are a combination of Dresden paper and metal filigree. I built the furniture and piano from very old House of Miniature and Real Life Miniature kits. The upholstery is silk.

3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Such talent!!

Cyndie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This is absolutely fabulous! I used to do miniatures but never of this quality--I'm blown away! And your JustRite cards are simply lovely--especially the one with the wheel, love your colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathi, have just been having a look at your site. I live in Melbourne Australia, but am coming to Maine in August. You can be sure I will come and visit whilst I am there. My name is Julie and I'm also a keen scrapbooker and cardmaker.