Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Simple Things and Clover Double Easel Card ODBDSLC113

I was playing with some of my newest ODBD stamps today, and realized this would also qualify for this week's Our Daily Bread Designs Three or More Stamps Challenge ODBDSLC113, so I decided to enter it.

For this card I used the Simple Things Set. I colored the design with Copics, and cut it out with the matching ODBD custom Clover Die.

Then I stamped and colored the ODBD Flower Border to match the clover, and cut it out using the matching Spellbinders Labels Eighteen. The clover and bees from the Simple Things set are mounted dimensionally on top of the Flower Border, even the teeny tiny bees. (Those two little tiny bees at the top of the clover are also die cut with the matching die at the same time as the clover)!

Next, I stamped the Laura Ingalls Wilder phrase from the Simple Things Set, and cut that out with Labels Eighteen as well. I outlined both Labels with Krylon 18K Gold.

Both labels are mounted dimensionally on this K&Co DP, which is mounted onto Core'dinations Gemstones Linen textured Pearlized CS, which is mounted onto ordinary white CS.

I had been planning on making a double twisted easel card with the two easels side by side, but I couldn't exactly remember how they were made, so I decided to add one in front of the other. I didn't know how to do that either, so I just cut some white CS the same width as the white CS the larger label was on. I left the length longer than usual so I could trim it to size when I finished the card.

Next I scored one end of the base in the usual way and folded and attached the larger label. Then I made a tiny easel card using the smaller easel and adjusted everything without gluing until I was happy with the placement. Then I trimmed the base to that length. I added the pink and DP to match the labels to the base of both easel cards, and glued them together. The front easel holds the back easel up, and the pearls hold the smaller one. The photo below shows the card from the side so you can see how it's made.

Thankyou so much for your comments on my last post. They brought tears of gratitude to my eyes. :-)

4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Stars!!!!! This is amazing, I have never seen a double easle card before, this is awesome!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

I think you invented a new technique...amazing, and very creative...and pretty too.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning and creative design!! I just love your double easel design, your coloring and your use of stamps, Kathi!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

JD/ Jill said...

Kathi, Just wanted to add congratulations for winning the Shining Light award for this card! It definitely is a winner!