Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bird and Butterflies Easel Card ODBDSLC113

I made this card for Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge ODBDSLC113 Three or more stamps. This time I am using colors which are a bit outside my comfort zone, so I'm not sure whether I am happy with this card or not. The DP is from K&Co.

I took out all of my ODBD stamp sets and picked three which had elements I liked together. The two medallions are from the Bird & Butterfly Labels Set. I stamped them with Distress Peeled Paint, and cut them out with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen. Then I chose the phrase from the Simple Things Set, since it fit the oval perfectly. I stamped another medallion in green and stamped the phrase inside the medallion with VersaMagic Aegean Blue because it was the closest to the color in the background paper. (It matches much better in person). I cut that out around the oval, keeping some of the green oval frame, and mounted it dimensionally over the oval on the medallion.

For the bottom of the easel, I decided to add butterflies from the 2 Step Butterflies Set on either side of the medallion. The butterflies were cut with the matching Grunge Butterfly Die.

I used Krylon 18 Karat Gold around each of the separate elements, and gold pearls in two of the corners and on each butterfly's head.

5 comments:

Sherry Kushibab said...

Just love that DP in the background, your colors are so lovely.....that Aegean Blue is just perfect. Great card....and great take on the challenge!!

Rosemary said...

wow... what a beautiful card, kathi!! i love the color combo... very elegant. thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week! hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

You did a great job with this card, and the colors that you used. I hope to try this challenge...and challenge it is...smile...

Carole said...

Oh Kathi, your card is lovely, the colours are fab, and the butterflies are stunning.

Thanks so much Kathi for dropping by and sharing your thoughts. I was deeply touched by your comments. Hugs ... Carole

Sasha said...

I love the stamps and dies you used here, Kathi...beautiful! x