Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Special Day Butterflies JRC_075

I made this card for JustRite Friday Challenge #075 - Color Challenge.

The challenge was to use Aqua, Apricot and orange, so I chose this paper from the Mariposa Stack, which contained all of those colors. (The sparkly flourishes are actually orange, but they look red in the photo). I chose JustRite's CR-03670 Vintage Rose Medallions for the medallion, and a banner from JustRite's CR-03705 Botanical Medallions & Banners-Clear. They were die cut with JustRite's JB-10025 Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies and JustRite's JB-03730 Vintage Label & Banner Dies.

All coloring was done with Copics except for the orange, which is a marker from Staedtler, since I don't have an orange Copic. I tried to do the distressing with Copics, but am not good at shading from color to white, so I added Distress Antique Linen over it so I could keep the apricot color, but still have shading. Everything is mounted dimensionally.

The butterflies were cut with scissors from more sheets of the same paper. Since there was so much sparkle in the paper, I added Stickles to the medallion and to the butterflies which didn't have sparkle. The DP is mounted on gold mirror cs, which is mounted onto aqua cs and an ivory card.

4 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

This is so pretty!! I love the vintage look, and pretty butterflies!

Sheri said...

This is lovely! Glad to see the new stamps! Thanks for playing along with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Handgathered said...

This is really lovely.

Sasha said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Kathi. I love this set of stamps and you have coloured yours beautifully x