Thursday, January 10, 2013
Over the holidays I got this Spellbinders die, and Brilliance Rocket Red Gold. Of course, I really wanted to try them both, so I cut and embossed all the dies once from white CS, and arranged the layers.
I decided I liked them when I reversed the direction of each one. Each layer was outlined with a gold pen, as well as going around the inside of the die while they were still in it.
Next, I used the red gold to shade them. The red gold isn't really red, it's pink with a faint gold sheen when you use it. It's actually quite pretty.
The largest motif is four inches, so I cut a piece of white CS to the same size and outlined it with gold, then shaded it. Next, I cut another piece of white and outlined that with gold too. Then came a piece of gold mirror card, then the card itself.
All the die cut layers were mounted dimensionally, giving the card a lot of dimension, then I cut foliage from the MS branch punch and added some mini roses.
The top motif was surrounded by four tiny butterflies from my new butterfly hand punch I got at Hobby Lobby, and a flower I made from punches was added to that. For the butterflies, I touched the outside of the wings to the stamp pad to give them a tiny bit of color before folding them to make their wings stand up.
It actually doesn't look as busy as this in person, because it is dimensional enough to really make each layer separate.