Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friends and Roses Card JRFC #089


This week's Challenge at JustRite is Anything goes. We are to use one of our favorite JustRite stamps. I love their stamps, so it's really difficult to choose a favorite.

Most of JustRites stamps are so easy to mix and match to use parts and sayings from different stamp sets with each other. I don't know whether this is my favorite or not, because I have so many favorites, but I really love the flowered and lace stamps by designer Amy Tedder, so I chose this one.

This set, Spring Rose Medallions, has a lot of nice sentiments, it has matching custom dies, it works well with some others of my favorites, the Lace Background stamp and the Lace Medallions set, and it's clean and open. I don't really like the ones with too much going on, it makes it difficult to see the beautiful parts. This set leaves white space inside the medallions so you can add as little or as much as you want. (Wow, did I just say that when I'm showing this card which has so much going on)???!!! Normally I don't have this much going on in my cards, because I prefer showcasing certain elements in my card rather than having a lot of competing stuff.

Anyway, I cut the medallion using JustRite's Custom Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies by Spellbinders. It was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with gold EP. I colored it with Copics, shaded it with Brilliance pink, and outlined with my Krylon pen.

The oval layer uses Spellbinders Floral Ovals. This was also shaded with the Brilliance pink, and outlined with some pink pearls from my stash. The inside of the oval was cut with a smaller Spellbinders oval using DP from K&Co, and outlined with the Krylon pen.

The rectangular layer is cut with Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight and shaded with the same Brilliance ink. The inside was cut with Labels Eight from the DP and also outlined with the Krylon pen.

All of these layers were mounted dimensionally on top of a DP background which was also outlined with the Krylon pen.

The card was made from Core'dinations Pearl CS, and the die cuts were cut from the same paper.

The card was decorated with roses and rose buds from my stash, pink half pearls, and foliage from the MS branch punch.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathi, this is stunning. That paper is beautiful. I LOVE all those layers. You really gave your dies a great workout.

Alison Scott said...

Beautiful card. Love all the layers and the different layers really catch your eye.

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Kathi. I love the JustRite stamps.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Kathi, I finally used the Marvelous squares die, I had trouble cutting out some of the lines...wouldn't cut for me, I guess I have to play some more...smile...

JD/ Jill said...

Me again, I saw your comment at Split Coast, and had to come look...smile. I also had a cameo that was given to me as a gift from an aunt, I don't think it had much monetary value, but it was special to me and I wore it all the time. I need to look to see if I still have that somewhere. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Holly Young said...

stunning! just a gorgeous, gorgeous card!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and layout!

Marge said...

GORGEOUS card -- LOVE all your sweet details and that is one JR stamp set I 'need' to add to my stash!!!

Shona said...

STUNNING !! I was thinking what it would be like to get such a beautiful card, and I'm pretty sure I'd cry. It's just so beautiful.

Joann said...

Such a beautiful card! Great embossing and layering. I can see you took a lot of care with all of your lovely details : )