Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

White Embossed Christmas


I always like all white Christmas cards, so I decided to make one with touches of gold.

I started by embossing this Sizzix EF and trimming around it. Then I matted it with two more layers of white, each cut 1/8" larger, rather than the 1/4" I usually use.

I cut another sheet of white 1/4" larger, and matted that with a sheet 1/8" larger, then cut a card 1/4" larger and mounted the two new plain sheets on that. Then I mounted the first three layers I dimensionally onto the three bottom sheets.

The layers look flat in the photo, but the added dimension with the top three layers floating above the bottom three look nice in real life.

Also, all layers are the same shade of white, but it's so dark here that even by using white balance, some of the layers look like cream because of the lights.

The JustRite ornament was stamped with Versamark, then embossed with gold and mounted dimensionally onto the embossed layer. I finished by making a Marrianne Creatables poinsettia out of white CS and Gold Mirror card, and added that to the bottom, then added crystal snowflakes and a white and gold bow.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
Very pretty. Not overly fussy which gives it such elegance.
Myrna

Sasha said...

Beautiful white and gold Christmas card, Kathi. Love your pretty bow.

I've just completed a card with one of the JustRite ornaments...they are so lovely to work with. Enjoy your weekend x

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful elegant card...It's a JUstRite day! I had a "fun" time today going to my favorite scrapbook store. It's been many months since I've been able to go there, and boy did I make up for lost time! Came home with some neat goodies, and one of things I purchased was a JustRite Ornament stamp set...(Merry and Bright) Can't wait to find time to use it.

craftieodmae said...

this is beautiful!