Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Ribbon and Tree Card


I made this card last week and forgot to upload it. For this card, I was playing with my ribbon, and combining them to see how they looked together. I liked this combination, and cut a piece of white CS to the width of the three strips together. Next, I used my ATG to apply them to the card.

I matted that with gold mirror card and added it to a 5x7 card.

Then I went through my Christmas die cuts, and held them on the card until I found the one I liked the best. This one is German Scrap from my stash.

I was going to use one of the Spellbinders tags to add a saying under the tree, but decided I really wanted the tag to match the card better, so I cut a strip of CS and mounted a piece of the green ribbon onto it. The best size die for the width of the ribbon was this small one from a discontinued JustRite Spellbinders set, so I chose the best fitting JustRite Christmas sentiment I had that would fit inside of it. Then I stamped it with VersaMark, and embossed it with gold EP.

After that, I cut the piece of ribbon and CS to the length I wanted it and notched the sides, then mounted everything dimensionally onto my card. Last, I added some gold outline stickers to the green borders.

4 comments:

Sasha said...

Gorgeous, Kathi. I love all your embossing and glistening gold x

Cards By Jan said...

Wow!! Very unique!! so elegant...

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning Christmas card!

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Love this jaw dropping beauty!