Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary Easel Card PSX Stamp


I was going through my older stamps, and realized I hadn't used this Happy Anniversary stamp from PSX in years.

I decided to do an easel card, and I wanted it to be warm and romantic looking, so I chose this paper from K&Co, and used VersaMagic Perfect Plumaria to do the stamping and shading.

The tags were made with two Spellbinders dies. I shaded the scalloped one, and used a blending stump to outline the inside of the top one with the Plumaria ink. Then I ran the stamp pad around the outside edges. The blending stump didn't make as sharp an outline as I would have liked, so I went over it with a matching Gelly Roll pen.

The tags are mounted dimensionally on their rectangular backgrounds, and those are mounted dimensionally onto the card.

For the foliage, I used the McGill punch because I wanted the branches to be a little larger than the MS ones. It's nice to have both punches because they are virtually identical except for the size. Sometimes I use both on one project, and at other times I only use one.

The roses are a little brighter than I would have liked, but not as bright as in this photo. They are a deeper red in real life, and the ribbon exactly matches the red paper I used for matting, even though it looks purple in this photo.

I finished the card by adding deep red pearls.



3 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely, Kathi...

hania739 said...

ƚliczna karteczka :))

Sasha said...

Beautiful easel card, Kathi. Love all the layers and pretty floral spray x