Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Creatables Anja Edges Gatefold Card

I made this with another of the beautiful dies I got from Joan's Gardens. To make the card, I started with a 12" long piece of CS, and cut the width to the length of the die, and scored it at 2" 4" 8" and 10". Then I die cut both edges, one with the wide part at the top, and the other with it at the bottom. Then I cut pieces of Anna Griffin DP to fit the parts of the card which weren't die cut, and applied those.

Next, I outlined the embossing on the die cuts with a Copic marker and used Pebbles Cream Chalk to color the parts of those sections which were closest to the fold. Next, I cut a Spellbinders die for the inside, and used the cream chalk while it was still inside the die. After I applied that to the inside of the card, I added three pearls to look like door knobs, and my card was finished. I may still add some flowers, but I'm not sure. The bottom photo was taken before I added the "doorknobs", but I didn't realize it until just now when I looked at it. That's what I get for deciding to add things after I think I'm done. :-)

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
This is a WINNING card for sure!!!
Fantastic job and great tutorial. Wow you sure have talent.
Myrna

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! What a stunning card! So beautiful, and I really like the colors you used. Must check out that die.

Sasha said...

I love how you used your die, Kathi. Such a beautiful card x

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, I have some of these on my wish list, you make em sing!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful card, very elegant :)

Sheila said...

a beautiful card i have just came upon your sitr