Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Anchors Away Birthday Card JRC_076

I am really disappointed in the colors of my photograph. I took the photo with my cell phone, and it turned the brown into kind of a gray color in some places. I will have to rephotograph this tomorrow.

The kids have gone home, so I thought I would make a card for this week's JustRite Friday Challenge #076 - "Stars & Stripes"

The background paper is a combination of Bazill and Striped Anna Griffin papers, with a piece of very old Wright's Trim Ribbon where the two papers join. I used JustRite's Anchors Away Set For most of the card, and cut them with JustRite's matching custom dies Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies and JustRite's Vintage Label & Banner Dies. The stars are from JustRite's Oceanside Oval Medallion - Cling, and fussy cut. All of the elements are mounted with dimensional tape.

The card and die cuts are all distressed with Distress Antique Linen, and the center medallions are also distressed with VersaMagic Aegean Blue. The center medallion was stamped twice and I cut around the rope and anchor and mounted it dimensionally over the center of the bottom medallion. The border and rope are colored with Copics, and the stamping is done with Anna Griffin Chocolate.

3 comments:

Sasha said...

Such a lovely card for a guy, Kathi. Beautifully stamped, coloured and I love how you created dimension x

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, love the anchor, my brother is in the Navy.....

Sheri said...

Very nice masculine card! I like the inking! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)