Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Creatables and Spellbinders Lacy Card

Here is another card made using the Marianne Creatables I got from Joan's Gardens. I started this card by die cutting and embossing all four corners of a 5 1/2" square of white cs.

I have seen a lot of sites which say you need more than one corner die to do more than one corner on a card, but this isn't strictly true. First, you cut and emboss your first corner as usual, then, when you do each successive corner, try to die cut and emboss each one with the corner facing up like a triangle, rather than parallel to the sides of the cutting board. Only cut and emboss a little more the length of the die, so you will flatten the previous corners as little as possible. When you have all of your corners cut and embossed, carefully place each one back into the die over a light box, and use your stylus to trace the embossed lines again. This only takes a few minutes, because you won't have to cut your lines with a craft knife like you would with stencils. When done, you can't tell that they were partially flattened!

When you look at my card, you can see that mine isn't completely straight, so I carefully aligned and traced the four corners onto a piece of white CS and cut around it with scissors to use as a template next time. If that doesn't work, I'll try cutting all four corners separately and paste them onto card stock to use as a template. Maybe they will be straighter next time!

I mounted the cut doily onto a 5 3/4" square piece of Core'dinations Gemstones paper, and mounted that onto a 6" card. The sections between the corners looked very unintersting to me, so I cut a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis pendant, and trimmed off some of the points so the corners would cover the blank parts of the Creatables doily, but the other points wouldn't cover the rest of the creatables die cut. I was going to make that part pink, but I didn't have enough of the matching Core'dinations paper, so I cut it in white, and cut a smaller motif from the Spellbinders die in pink and mounted it in the center. The Spellbinders motifs are mounted dimensionally.

Then I added a bunch of pink and white Liquid Pearls and it was done. I hope my tips for cutting more than one corner with only one die helps someone!

5 comments:

Elly said...

Hi Kathi,

Great stuf you've bought!! I do own them all, except the square one. I think it's gorgeous too, but I'm waiting for the new Spellbinders, they have one simular to that MD die, and I love that one too ( among MANY others !!!!! :-) The new Spellbinders realease contents sooooo many musthaves for me hehe. Have to start saving up some money :-)
Your cards are gorgeous!!!
hugs, Elly

Sasha said...

Beautiful use of dies, Kathi x

craftieodmae said...

beautiful! I don't have any of those dies but they are on my list!

Joan Fricker said...

Your cards are gorgeous and a great use of the new dies. One of your readers shared your site with me and I was thrilled to read of your great experience with Joan's Gardens. I am sorry I missed talking with you, but glad Nancy was of a big help to you.
Thanks again for your business and your wonderful comments.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

chanya13 said...

Beautiful!!!