Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Faith Card ODBDSLC116

I made this card for ODBDSLC116 Clouds or Sunshine.

I received two stamp sets from ODBD this morning, and one was the Bird Border and Corners , which I had ordered to compliment my Bird and Butterfly Labels, which I bought a few months ago. The minute I saw it, I remembered a photo I had taken of two birdhouses on poles, against a very stormy sky. I decided that the silhouette of those stamp sets might be the perfect thing to stamp over the photograph and enter into this challenge.

I printed the photograph out in several different sizes and tried the border on them. When I decided which one looked best, I stamped the border with VersaFine Onyx Black, and trimmed the photograph to fit the border. I really liked how the light in the sky is just peeking out at the top of the grass. Then I stamped the label on an identically sized photograph and cut it out with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, which is the matching die for the labels, and used a Jelly Roll pen to color the butterfly silver.

This morning I also received the Faith Stamp Set and matching Butterfly Branch Die. The word "Faith" from this set was just the right size for the label.

I tried outlining the label and photograph with a silver leaf pen, but it didn't really work for me, so I trimmed around the label with scissors, just outside the stamped border, then I die cut another labels eighteen from silver paper and mounted the label on that. It looked much nicer. I then mounted the stamped photograph on the same silver paper, and mounted that onto black, and mounted the whole thing onto a white card. The label is mounted dimensionally on the card, and a narrow silver sticker from my stash was added at the bottom of the card.

I thought this would make a really nice sympathy card. The word "faith" is to give hope, and in the darkness of the photograph, there is light shining through the clouds. The silver paper and the white card were also added to represent light in the darkness.

8 comments:

Sasha said...

Your photograph is fabulous, Kathi, and the silhouette stamping goes so well with it. I love your label, too.

JD/ Jill said...

This is awesome, so beautifully done. I have this stamp set, and I have to admit (Yet again) that I have not made a card with it yet. Not that I haven't tried...Nothing would work out for me...but WOW! You sure knew how to use it...thanks for the inspiration!

Marisa Job said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the dark colors!

Myrna said...

Kathi
Stunning, positively stunning.
Myrna

craftieodmae said...

breathtaking!!!!

Marlena M. said...

This is such an amazing and striking look! Gorgeous creation!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!! I just love the photo you added to match the stamps and your gorgeous design!! Stunning! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous card! your photo is just amazing and is perfectly complimented by the ODBD stamps you used! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!