Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

ODBDSLC124 Something Musical


This is my last week as guest designer for Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team. It has been so much fun working with all the girls and Kelley, and designing cards using their beautiful stamps. Thank you so much ladies for this wonderful experience!

First I will tell you about the challenge.

This week's challenge: Something Musical


Create a card or project with some musical element. It can include a musical theme, some words in the sentiment or verse having to do with music or instruments, an embossing folder, dp or etc.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, October 7th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, October 7th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC124. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

Jan Marie Ennenga, Chris Olsen, Jan Keen, Lori Ulrich,
Kathy Roney, and Rosemary Dennis.

I look forward to seeing your beautiful entries into this challenge!

Now, about my card.

For this card, I wanted to use ODBD's beautiful Sing to the Lord set. My friends who visit my blog frequently must know that I love bluebirds, because I use them so often. When I was deciding on a color scheme, I remembered that as a child, I had always loved sky blue and gold together, and it might be pretty on this card, so I made this one a bluebird too. I stamped everything with VersaMark, and embossed it all in gold. The white paper is all Core'dinations Pearl because I love coloring with my Copics on this wonderful paper.

After coloring the bird and dogwood blossoms, I fussy cut them with scissors and mounted them dimensionally onto this sparkly sky blue paper I had in my stash. The blue was cut with Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and mounted onto pearly white, then matted with gold mirror card, which was mounted onto a card I made with the white pearl. Then I outlined the blue with gold.

The psalm was cut with another of my Spellbinders dies, but I don't remember the name of it, and also mounted dimensionally onto the blue. Lastly, I added sky blue Liquid Pearls and white half pearls. I wish that instead of running my gold pen inside the die to outline the psalm, I had used a ruler and made the outline further from the verse, but I didn't really notice that until after I had mounted the psalm.





8 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Kathi, your card is stunning!! I just love your embossing, the blue and your elegant yet simple layout!! Gorgeous!! That set is still one of my faves!!

It has been a pleasure to work with you on the dt!! Your creations and your love for the Lord have been an inspiration. I will miss having you on the team!!

Thank you for a superb job!!! God has blessed you with a lot of talent!!

Have a great day!!

hugs,
Chris

Saints Rule! said...

Thank you so much Kathi for joining us this month! Your creations have been such a blessing for me! And this one is no exception... I love the delicate tones, beautifully colored bird nestled so lovingly on this card! Wonderful and inspiring work... hugs and blessings...

Lori

Cards By Jan said...

Another beauty Kathi, I love your cards, and it was so much fun having you with us this month, will miss your work...
Hugs

Kathy said...

Such a beauty, Kathi! I love the way you did the bird and flowers, they almost look like stained glass! It's been a blessing having you on the DT this month! Thank you for sharing your talents with us! Blessings! Kathy

Jan Marie said...

Don't know if my previous comment made it through. . .but this is gorgeous! Love your embossing, your fussy cutting and all of the lovely dies! Welcome to the basket!!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty...this is another image that's on my wish list...makes such elegant cards...

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, kathi!! love your choice of stamps (hee hee!!)! it has been so much fun having you as part of the challenge team this past month! hugs and blessings!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Kathi this is an awesome card!!! and one of my favorite sets too!!! Thanks so much for hanging out with us this month!!! We enjoyed it!!! God bless you!