Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Silent Night Easel Card


I've made a number of cards using these dies from Marianne Designs, and I wanted to do something different with them, so I made an easel card.

I used another sheet of this pearlescent textured blue as the background, and since I still don't have any silver mirror card, I outlined it with a silver Jelly Roll Pen.

The sleigh and reindeers, villages, and poinsettias are all Marianne Creatables, the snowflakes are an EK Success punch, and the saying was stamped using VersaMark and embossed with Recollections Opaque White, then cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels Four.

I'm not really happy with the white embossing powder. The "Silent Night" is from Our Daily Bread Design's Blessed Christmas Set, and is very fine and beautiful, but every time I emboss anything with this white, it always spreads and the detail doesn't show. I need to find a white that keeps the fine details.

Anyway, after applying everything to the card, I used crystal Stickles to highlight the embossing, and to cover the snowflakes.

1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

catching up, I love the last 3 post of Christmas cards, you always do such gorgoeus work!!