Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Red Lace Christmas


I bought this wide red foil border a few years ago, but never used it. The other day, I decided to try making a Christmas card with it. I applied it to a 5x7 card using my Xyron, then cut around just the lacy edge with scissors, and ran a gold pen over the edge of the scallops. Next, I applied gold mirror card over it, then applied some glittery designer paper from my stash over that, leaving just a narrow gold border between the DP and the Lace.

Inside, I added another piece of white, which I matted with the gold mirror card so the gold would show underneath the lace's scallops. Unfortunately, you can't see the gold underneath the scallops in the photo, because the card was open a bit when I took the photo.

Then, I stamped and embossed the merry Christmas using an older JustRite stamp, and cut them with a JustRite custom die. The border was embossed with SuperFine Detail Gold, and the sentiment was embossed with an old red tinsel EP I have. Those older EPs don't work nearly as well as the new stuff, but it looks okay anyway. Then I ran a gold pen around the outside of the stamped images and mounted them onto the card. Last, I added a bow and pearls.

Now an update on the minks. I have a smaller bucket under the leak, and apparently one of the babies likes swimming in it. Today, he went over and climbed into the bucket and played in the water. He kept sticking his head out of the bucket and looking at me, then going back down and playing some more. It was really cute!

If you didn't read my first post about the minks, you can read it here.

2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is absolutely gorgeous, as all your creations are, I would appreciate you going to Heartfelt Creations and voting for me. thanks

Myrna said...

Kathi
OOOOh la la Gorgeous!!!!
Myrna