Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Magic Butterfly Box



Over a year ago I saw some Magic Boxes at this site. I thought they were beautiful, but never got around to making any. Then, yesterday, on one of my favorite blogs, Monia made one. She has made a bunch of them, which you will see if you click on her name. The link goes directly to her exploding boxes where there are two or three pages of them. (Be sure to look at the rest of her blog as well, because she has made a lot of really beautiful things).

Anyway, today I decided to make my own. I haven't finished the cover yet, and can't show you the outside because my glue, Stickles and Liquid Pearls are still wet. I won't get a chance to finish this box at least until Monday, so I will add photos of it all together then. I kept sticking my fingers into the Stickles and Liquid Pearls, so I decided to stop and wait to finish it.

The paper is DCWV Linen Stack, Core'dinations Pearl, and Anna Griffin. The flying butterflies are Martha Stewart, and the ones on the sides are Cheery Lynn. The flowers are Recollections.

I added crystal Stickles to each butterfly body, and buttercup Liquid Pearls to the centers of the flowers.

I'll add more photos in a couple of days when I finish the box.

I'm adding a lot more than I expected to this box, and a lot of things need to dry before doing more on it, so I haven't added the rest of the photos yet.

No comments: