Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Floral card using Anna Griffin and Spellbinders


I wanted to try my new Martha Stewart Punch around the Page, and thought it needed a background that reminded me of my great grandmother's handkerchiefs, so I chose an Anna Griffin paper from my stash. The background I mounted the punched paper on is iridescent blue CS. I used a Spellbinders die to cut and emboss the AG paper, then embossed a piece of green CS and cut around it with scissors to frame it. I wasn't planning on using an ornate die, but this one followed the punches so nicely that I used it anyway.

I wanted to use Spellbinders tags three for a saying, and the only saying that fit well and had the right dimensions was this Anna Griffin one. I used to have tons of Anna Griffin stamps with sayings and things, but lost all of my clear stamps a year ago. I think I had every clear stamp she made, but now I only have the rubber ones, so my selection of sayings is quite small. I have always been a huge fan of Anna Griffin.

Anyway, I stamped the saying with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and stenciled around it with Pebbles Cream Chalks. It really needed a background to show up against the floral paper, and Spellbinders Labels Eighteen fit the shape of the tag quite well, so I cut and Embossed that with green paper and mounted it with dimensional tape.

Now that I've been looking at it on the blog, I think I may try adding a bow to it.


This is the same card after adding an offray ribbon and Queen and Co. pearls. The line above the bow isn't on the card, it's a shadow.

No comments: