Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just Rite Inspiration Challenge #064 Shells


This is another card for the JustRite Friday Challenge #064: Inspiration.

Since the colors in the challenge are the colors of the sky, the sea, and the sand, I used the Just Rite stamp set "By the Sea". I cut a folded ivory card out with Spellbinders Grand Big Scalloped Ovals because they remind me of a sea shell, then cut another piece of ivory cs out with the same die and layered it over the card so it wouldn't have a flat top. Then I cut a sheet of brown cs with the same die and layered it over the ivory. Next, I cut a piece of Anna Griffin teal stripe paper and a sheet of teal DCWV paper from the Linen Stack with the same die and put half a sheet on top, and half on the bottom.

I had a piece of leftover brown ribbon with gold lines in it which I didn't even know I had, and I decided that would work perfectly over the seam. I couldn't believe I found that, because I was looking for something else and it just appeared at the right moment!

I stamped the "By the Sea" design with an Anna Griffin stamp pad, and cut both layers with Spellbinders Label Eighteen and layered them with dimensional tape, then
added three teal Queen & Co pearls on either side.

I looked all over the house for jute twine, but couldn't find any, so I made "rope" from light beige crochet cotton and tied a square knot and glued it to the bottom, then my husband found a really thick piece of jute, so I separated it, and tied another square knot and glued it to the top.

I am really loving this color scheme, and keep finding more paper that would work with it. Halfway through this card, I came across a gorgeous piece of teal in my Mariposa stack. It's going to be difficult not to make another card for this challenge!

No comments: