Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wooden Sled Ornament with PSX Santa Stamp


I actually made a card today, but it didn't turn out the way I expected it to. I made one of those star shaped ornament cards with the five squares that you use the origami squash fold on, then glue together, and when you hang it, it's supposed to look like a star. It was all lacy and die cut, stamped and embossed, and it took hours to do, but when you open mine, it looks like a wheel or something. It's round, but flat on the outside edges. Not at all like a star. Part of why it took hours wasn't only because of all the work I put into each piece, but also because I spent hours trying to find one on the internet so I could see what I did wrong. Since I don't know what they are really called, it was difficult to find them. Anyway, when I finally found some, they were made exactly like mine, but the ones on the internet look like stars, not wheels with flat sides. :-(

I guess I will have to do some more research and try to figure it out.

Anyway, every year my mother and I take some of our things to a Christmas benefit show, so when I'm not making cards for it, I'm doing other crafts. The show is this Saturday. One of the things I made is this wooden sled from AC Moore.

I base coated it with white and antique gold paint, then added a few coats of metallic gold and some sparkly white from Martha Stewart. After that, I stamped this santa from an old PSX stamp with versamark, then embossed it with gold EP. I drew a line around the top to frame it with a gold pen, and put a few coats of varnish on it.

It's quite pretty in person, much prettier than the paper wheel I made today!

No comments: