Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Center Step Card with Noor! Dies and Creatables



This is only the second center step card I've ever made. I know it's pretty easy if you have a Fiskers cutter that works, but unfortunately, the first one I bought was smaller and didn't cut very straight. Everything was a little wider at one end than the other. Then I bought a larger one, and the cutting thing doesn't move smoothly in the track. It has always stuck in places, and doesn't cut evenly because of this. The track has defects in it, and since I've had it for quite a few years, I can't return it. Anyway, way back when I bought those two cutters, I got fed up and purchased a more expensive one from a different company at Staples. This one works well, but it has a wheel, and you can't use it to start and stop precisely in the spot you want it to like you can with the Fiskers ones, so making these cards is kind of a pain.

I made this card as a 5x7 card, with 1 1/2" sides, and a 4" square center.

I took two photos of this because with the phone's flash, it doesn't show the shiny gold, and with just the lamp shining on it and no flash, the colors aren't great.

The die cuts on the sides and in the center are Noor!, and the one behind the tag is a Spellbinders Fancy Tags One. The trim on the bottom is Dresden paper, and the large flower motif is K&Co. The tag is from my stash, and the poinsettias on the sides are Marianne Creatables.

I also added green rhinestones and gold Liquid Pearls.


3 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This card is stunning. It almost looks like you did it two different colors. (and both colors would be pretty) It's a shame that you have trouble with this card fold (with the cutting) It's actually my very favorite fold for a card.

Sasha said...

I love your centre step card, Kathi. Lots of beautiful dies, and a super layout .
Enjoy a lovely weekend :) x

Myrna said...

Kathi
Very, very elegant card.
I had the same problem with the Fiskars cutter so I just started using my craft knife for cutting and bone folder for scoring. Much happier with the results.
Myrna
Wasted a lot of paper with Fiskars so ordered the Stampin' Up new trimmer. Hopefully that ends the problem of wonky cuts.