Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Die Cut Filligree Card


I've always loved the cards made by Elly de Bruin. She is probably the queen of using die cuts. Today on the Noor! blog, they had instructions for making one of her cards. Although my card is nothing like the one on the Noor! site, it did inspire me to try making my own "Elly style" card.

I started by choosing this Spellbinders die for the main panel, and kept layering other dies on top until I found a design I was pleased with. Then I cut everything out using white CS and shaded them all with green. Some layers are dimensional, and some are mounted straight onto the layer below. Then I added some pearls.

The dies are from Spellbinders, Noor!, and Marianne Creatables. The white is actually all the same shade, but the white in the center motif looks brighter because of the camera's flash.

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
Gorgeous. Love the soft green shading.
Myrna

Sasha said...

WOW! This is fabulous, Kathi. I love your white and green combo...beautiful card! :)
I must look on that blog, I have never heard of Noor dies before x

Greta said...

Wonderfully combined dies & beautiful shading! Love this card, Kathi!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my Goodness, Kathi, this is one of your prettiest cards ever....Very nicely done!

Elly said...

Wow Kathi, your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for your always sweet comments!!
Noor!dies are fabulous aren't they :-)???
I'm a member of the Noor!designteam so I know what's coming out next year....I advise you strongly; START SAVING SOME MONEY NOWWWW!!! :-)

hugs, Elly

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous as always!!