Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Magic Box with matchboxes, Spellbinders and Creatables





I saw an exploding card somewhere on the internet that included a matchbox chest of drawers in the center. I thought I had bookmarked the site, but I can't find it anywhere, and googling Magic Box wasn't any help. Anyway, I thought the idea of adding the chest of drawers to an exploding card sounded like fun, so I tried it. I made the box just like I make the largest exploding boxes, using a 12" square of CS, scoring at 4", but I didn't cut out the corners.

I used Spellbinders dies on the outside, then added Marianne Creatables flowers. I put fast drying glue into the centers of the flowers and added no holes beads.

The top is all Spellbinders, using their carnation die for the flower.

I wanted flowers inside, and expected them to be on the small leaves, but after making everything, I realized that the flowers would have to be on the corners instead because of the way the box folded. It also doesn't lie flat when opened because of the flowers on the outside.

The chest of drawers is made from four small match boxes covered in Anna Griffin striped paper. I painted the ends white, and added green brads for knobs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kathi,

I first saw your magic box with match box drawers on Splitcoaststampers and decided to check out your blog. Glad I did your artwork is beautiful. I joined linkedIn it is free and you can connect with others who will follow your site. I joined Scrapbooking Networking Group and now I have a total of 40 followers. I had 9 when I joined.