Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, April 9, 2012

I actually Won Something!




On April 2, I found out I won a gift certificate on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog Hop.

Well, of course I had to buy some things as well as picking out what I won. (There isn't a requirement to buy, but it's impossible to look at all those beautiful things without buying more)! I chose two stamps, The Mighty Sea and Keep My Lamp Burning, finally got the Spellbinders Ironwork Motifs die I wanted, (Oooops, wrong Spellbinders die in the photo, I photographed the ironwork accents which I already had instead of the ironworks motifs which I got today), finally also got the pink Scotch ATG gun I've been wanting, and one of the box sets of Flower Soft which I have also been wanting.

Wow, everything came really fast! The Flower Soft - Bouquet Colour Selection Box I ordered was back ordered, so I still have something to look forward to in the mail when it comes in. I am really excited about the Flower Soft, so I can't wait!

So far, I have tried the ATG gun. (I only got my package an hour or so ago). I've tried everything available for sticking things down on my cards and albums, and so many things didn't stick well. I managed to find some of that red tape when I was in Rochester, NY, and that worked well, but it isn't available anywhere near me, so it wasn't really an option. I found myself only using it sparingly when I absolutely had to so I wouldn't run out, and I expect it's a lot more expensive than the ATG refills. Most of the other brands I had tried didn't stick well, and glue sticks aren't the best either.

The ATG really does stick, so you most definitely want to make sure you are applying whatever you are sticking straight the first time! It rolls off easily if you get it in the wrong place and haven't stuck your top piece on, it's only permanent when you add the top piece.

Yeah, it's a bit tricky threading it for the first time, but not too bad. I also read that you should release the trigger a little before stopping so the glue won't ball up at the end, and this seems to work.

I need to get used to the size, but I think I will pretty quickly, and I also need to remember to pull the trigger instead of trying to drag it across the paper without pulling the trigger!

Anyway, I think I'm going to love it! It's going to be so nice to finally have some tape that really works, especially on Albums. I can now save my red tape for when I'm sticking something really small and don't want to use the huge ATG gun.

Now I'm so excited for the Flower Soft. I've always wanted to try it, and almost tried some of my stuff they use for model trains in place of it, but there aren't enough colors, and that most of that stuff isn't as fine. (I use the model train stuff for doll house landcaping and flowers. I've made more dollhouses than anyone needs). I went to the ODBD website right after I got my package, and was so surprised that they have a special on Flower Soft this week. I'm going to have to use a lot of restraint not to order more.

No comments: