Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Marianne Creatables Christmas Scene 2

It's a good thing that my mother loves this card, because I didn't realize that Core'dinations pearl paper burns so easily when embossing. Anyway, it will probably be my card to her, since she can see nothing wrong with it, and wants it. I tried to cover up the burn with silver embossing powder in the front of the sleigh, but it still shows. Also, I used a lightweight iridescent paper for the background and that buckled on me. I have never had either of these things happen before, maybe it's because I did the embossing in so many different steps.

I did the snowflakes on the background first, using a Sakura glue pen and silver embossing powder. Since I didn't want to get my fingers in the embossing powder, I did quarters of the sky at a time, embossing each quarter bfore starting the next.

Then I used kaleidoscope embossing powder on the trees, roofs, and reindeer. After finishing those, I realized I forgot to add reins, so I embossed those in silver. Some of the silver got into the kaleidoscope ep in places, but I didn't really mind the look. It made the kaleidoscope show up better.

It is all mounted on more Core'dinations pearl paper and silver mirror card. I may try this one again, because I really would like the card if I hadn't messed it up.

No comments: