Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Embossing Plus on Vellum


I just did this card today, and the technique worked really well. I decided to try an embossing Plus folder in my Sizzix Big Kick using vellum instead of card stock.The pinks in those little flowers came out looking flourescent in the photo for some reason, but they really aren't. They are the same colors as the rest of the pinks.

First, I cut the vellum a little larger than my EP folder, then ran it through the Big Kick. I mounted it on linen textured pink pearl paper from Core'dinations with pink metallic brads. I find that using an ordinary push pin is a great way to make starter holes for the brads. Then I mounted it all on a white card.

I then cut out another oval in regular white card stock from another EP folder, and mounted that in the center of the vellum oval.

I added two simple flowers made from an EK Success punch with centers made from a flower shaped hand punch, and I raised the petals a bit and put them in the centers of two of the embossed flowers.

I made a rolled rose from one of the circles from the Spellbinders blossom die and mounted it in the center. It's the first time I have tried a rolled rose, and it was really easy. Next time, I will try shading it and curling the petals a little before putting it together.

Finally, I added Queen & Co. pearls in two sizes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Almost looks like the real thing.
Mrs Noofy

kathi17 said...

Thank you so much. I love these folders!

Sandy O. said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for all the hints.

Anonymous said...

What make and name is your embossing folder?

Could you reply at peggydollar@yahoo.com

Thanks! Peggy

kathi17 said...

Thanks Sandy :-)

Hi Peggy, the embossing folder is an Embossing Plus by Cuttlebug. I don't remember the name of the folder, and all of my scrapbooking stuff is at a small seasonal giftshop my mother and I run, so I can't look it up right now.

So far, there are only a few embossing plus folders, so it should be pretty easy to find.

Anonymous said...

I saw this on splitcoast stampers, very pretty. I have one of these eb I need to give it a try. TFS..Jill http://ribbonchallenged.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hi kathi, my name is Gerry and I just love your pink vellum card and have been trying to find the folder with no luck, any ideas.
thanks gerry

kathi17 said...

Hi Gerry, the folder is called "Carly", and it's a Cuttlebug Embossing Plus Folder. I bought it a few years ago when they first came out.

I don't know whether or not they are still being made. There were five or six of them when they first came out, but they never seemed to make any new ones.

You probably will need to Google them to see if anyone is still selling them.