Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Exploding Box Album


This is the first time I have made an exploding box. I had a very clear picture in my head of how it was going to look, but unfortunately, I made the top last, and I didn't realize that it was going to cover up half of the sides. I had pictured it as having the toile design on top, and being able to see the same design on all four sides.

I didn't get too fancy with the inside panels, I just used the Spellbinders labels one to make plain panels to either add photos or comments inside the box. Since I have the box for sale in my shop, I decided it would be easier for whoever bought it to customize it themselves this way. I also used labels one on the outside.

The box is made of textured linen card stock and toile background paper. I added a rolled rose which I made by using a scalloped circle nestability cut into a spiral. The border around the top is from a Marianne Creatable. I didn't have any ribbon of the right width in a matching color to weave it through the border, so I glued a wider one under the border so it shows through the slots. I then added Queen & Co. pearls.

No comments: