Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

PSX Portland Head Light Card


I finally got a chance to make a new card. My shop is pretty well set up for the summer, even though it will be a few more weeks before the tourists arrive on our island. I don't have very many nautical cards, so I figured I'd better concentrate on those for a while.

This one is done from my old PSX Portland Head stamp. I was planning on coloring it with Copics, so I stamped it with Memento Black, then I remembered the soft coloring I got when I used stamp pads and Ranger Nibs on another card a few months ago. I liked the softer colors, so I used various inks to color this one with the nibs as well. The colors aren't quite as bright as this in real life, and the red is much less bright.

The blue around the lighthouse, as well as the wider blue mat were done using VersaMagic Aegean Blue with a sponge dauber. The narrow mats were done with a dark green and an antique gold metallic. The anchors were punched from the same antique gold using a MS punch, and the square knot was tied using hemp cord.

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
You have done a beautiful job on this card. Wow.
Myrna

Melanie said...

Lovely card. Just looking at it makes me feel like I'm on holiday!

Melanie x

Marie-Louise said...

Kathi this is gorgeous. Love the stamp and how you have coloured it.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty, Kathi! So good to see you posting again. Jim colored this image for me a while ago with a stamp I borrowed from a friend. I need to make it into a card. You have inspired me.

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful scene!!!!!

Daria said...

Beautiful! The coloring is lovely. TFS.