Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Another Good Friends Card


When I was making the card for the JustRite challenge a few days ago, I stamped and colored the medallion twice. Once with gold embossing powder, and once with white so I could decide which I liked better on that card. I do that frequently while making cards, and then I put the unused stamped piece into a drawer. Today I was going through the drawer, and decided to make a card using this motif, since it's one of my favorite stamps. I also love using this pale gold Core'dinations Pearls CS shaded with pink. Next time, I think I will try shading it with either green or blue, since everyone except Jill is probably getting tired of all my pink cards lately. (Although I actually do have two more pink cards waiting to be posted at some time).

Anyway, this time I cut another Noor! die out of the same Core'dinations pearl CS, as well as a Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight, one of Spellbinders Labels Eight, a mat of the pearl paper, one of gold mirror card, and a card made out of the pearl paper.

Then, I kept layering them and deciding where to shade the paper, where to use a gold stamp pad to stencil the pieces, and where to outline with a gold pen.

When I was satisfied, I put them all together, some dimensionally and some flat against the backgrounds, and added some pink and gold pearls.

I wish the pearlescent sheen of these cards showed up better in the photographs, because it looks really pretty in person.

5 comments:

Olga said...

beautiful, I love all the layers and that die!!

Karen W said...

This is so gorgeous!! I will add that to my wish list also.

Elly said...

Beautiful card Kathi!!!

Marisa Job said...

Gorgeous card!! Very creative! Love the dies!!

JD said...

This is so beautiful, and you know I love all that PINK!