Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Butterflies and Lace Magic Card


I made this card for the Just Rite Stamps #069 Spring Fling Challenge, which was to use butterflies and spring colors. I decided the perfect paper for this was something from the DCWV Mariposa Stack. I also had wanted to make a card from a tutorial by Marianne Skjelstad for the StampArtic website for a long time..


I haven't been able to buy any more card supplies this winter, so I had to use whatever Just Rite stamps I already had, so I decided to use this cross and border from the Rejoice set on the outside. For the inside, I used a nested frame from their Give Thanks set and Happy Birthday from their Elegant Frames Cling set.

I used Distress Peeled Paint for the frames, and Sky Blue Brilliance for the saying and cross. They were stamped on Core'dinations pearl paper. In real life the blue shows up well, but unfortunately my camera didn't like the pearlescent paper and the pearlescent ink, and they reflected too much to see them well in the photograph.

I used Spellbinders Labels Eighteen for the cross, and Just Rites Custom Dies by Spellbinders for the saying and frame. I then used Spellbinders Tags Three and cut the die cut apart to use on the top and bottom of the frame to make it fit the card better. The edges were cut with a Martha Stewart Border Punch.

The added Butterflies are all mounted dimensionally, and are from Anna Griffin and K&Co. The roses are some of my precious discontinued Prima ones. I need to make money so I can get those again from Wild Orchid, because I'm almost out of them! I wound the wires around the end of my embossing tool to make tendrils on them.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Very cool card technique! Wonderful papers and stamp choices! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty! Lot of nice details there, and I like the soft colors that you used.

Marge said...

Really beautiful and fun card style!!!