Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pink Roses and Lace Diorama Card


This is another card for the JustRite Friday Challenge #065: For The Love Of .

I did this card for a loved one, and I also love flowers and Just Rite Stamps! The front window frame and corners, as well as the "Happy Birthday" are from the Just Rite Elegant Frames set. The double frame inside, (it's difficult to see the largest inside frame in the photograph), are from the Giving Thanks Nested Frame set. They were die cut using the Just Rite Custom Die set made by Spellbinders for the nested frames. I cut the window out with Spellbinders Labels Four. The inside frames and sentiment are all mounted with dimensional tape.

Everything was stamped with Versamark and embossed with Superfine Embossing Powder. I didn't decide to emboss the outside edges of the die cuts until after I had glued on the front frame, so Rather than take a chance on ruining it, I outlined that frame with a Sakura PenTouch.

The paper is from Walmart, and the branches are cut from Bazill pearlescent Linen textured CS using the Martha Stewart Branch Punch. The flowers are some tiny Recollections ones which I spritzed with water, scrunched up, and glued together.

The lace is some very old lace which was bought when Wrights Trim was located in West Warren, Mass. I was born and raised in Sturbridge, so it was very close.

In those days, you could go to the mill store and load up a big green garbage bag of remnants for about $5.00. Then Wrights moved their store to Sturbridge, and you could still get very good deals. Nothing like you could in the old days, but it was much less expensive than retail stores. A few years later, the prices went up. Much more expensive, but still not like the retail stores. Then a very sad thing happened. Wrights moved out of state, and their store disappeared. It was a very sad day. I feel very lucky that I got to go there so many times, but now it's difficult every time I have to pay the retail prices for trim!

No comments: