Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Iris Card with Spellbinders

I wish I had decided what I was going to put on this card before I made it in blue. The only things I had that looked right on the sides were these irises. My husband likes the contrast, so maybe it isn't that bad.

The middle section is raised up, and to close the card, you push the sides inward. About half of the side pieces show up when the card is closed, making a six inch square card.

To make it, I cut a 12" square piece of CS (Linen Stack) to 6"x9". I then scored the card at 3", 4 1/2", 7 1/2" and 9", and mountain folded the two inside scores, and valley folded the two on the outside.

Then I cut three strips of ordinary cream colored CS to 5 3/4" x 2 3/4". I used a Fiskars corner punch in each corner.

The light blue is very heavy CS I got at an art supply store. This was cut to 5 1/2" x 2 1/2", and the same corner punch was used.

The center was done with a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Shapabilities die. I cut and embossed the light blue, then embossed only the cream and dark blue. The light blue was mounted on the cream and cut around with scissors leaving a margin, then I mounted them onto the dark blue, and cut around that, leaving a margin on that as well. I applied this diagonally to the raised center portion and used K & Co. die cuts to decorate the card.

No comments: