Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sliding Easel Card



This is the first time I have made one of these cards. I have always liked them, but never found a tutorial for them except UTube videos, which I can't view because of my slow internet connection.

There is a tutorial at SCS, but it only shows measurements by using a Fiskars cutter. Unfortunately, my Fiskars cutter has never worked right, so I couldn't use it. After trying again to make the cutter work, I finally just made a template as best as I could figure out,and managed to come up with this. (I think the Fiskars one has a defect in the clear ruler thing, and it is too old to return). I'd hate to buy another cutter, even though it would make things so much easier, because I already have three cutters, and they are expensive.

I'm not terribly happy with the card, but at least I finally got one made. It is a lot of work when you aren't really sure what you are doing, and I'm not happy with how I decorated it. Maybe I will try another one sometime.

If anyone knows of a good tutorial for these cards that isn't a video and doesn't use Fiskars measurements, could you let me know, pretty please?

The card is made with Core'dinations light and dark gold pearl CS and Bazill pearl linen CS, Spellbinders, and K & Co die cuts. The pearls are Queen & Co., the little gold flowers are dresden paper and the stickers are from my stash. The saying is from Anna Griffin stamps, and stamped with peeled paint distress ink.

No comments: